Welcome to Astana International Airport
Astana International Airport (IATA: TSE, ICAO: UACC) is an international airport in Kazakhstan located 14 km (9 mi) outside of the capital Astana.
The airport traces its history to 1931 when Astana's first airfield was constructed. Airport infrastructure has been continuously upgraded, making it possible to accept heavy aircraft by 1948, and starting 24-hour operation in 1956.
Following the transfer of the country capital to Astana in 1997, the airport underwent a series of major reconstructions which brought it up to international standards. A new passenger terminal designed by the late Japanese architect Kisho Kurokawa was officially opened in February 2005.
Currently Astana Airport accepts all types of aircraft without limitation of take-off weight. It handled 834,299 passengers and 2,587 metric tonnes of cargo in 2006. During 2007, traffic increased 40 percent to 1,170,919 passengers.
● Class of the airport-“B”, 24 hours operations
● PCN 79/F/C/X/T (asphalt-concrete pavement), in the touchdown landing area PCN 111
● Taxiways-6, new parallel taxiway
● Total area of apron - 215 000 sq.m.
● Number of aircraft parking stands-30
● ILS CAT III A which enables aircraft landing at lowest visibility levels not available in any other airport in Central Asia
● State-of-the-art automated aviation meteorological system manufactured in Finland is also installed, it is certified by the International Aviation Committee, it meets the requirements of ICAO and is one of the best meteo systems installed at airports of CIS countries.
All GSE is available: De-icing vehicles, refuellers, fuel hydrant dispensers, fire-rescue vehicles, ground power units, main deck highloaders, crew bus and passengers coaches, lavatory service vehicles, water service vehicles, passenger stairs, catering lift vehicles, ambulifts, tow-pushback tractors, tractors for baggage pallets and container dollies, an air start unit, snow removal vehiBrand of jet fuel used at TSE is TS-1, an equivalent of jet A-1. Stable supplies and high quality are guaranteed by reliable domestic and foreign suppliers.
Total storage capacity of jet fuel tanks – 15200 tons. Fuel farm has a pump station, a laboratory for fuel testing and analysis with fuel hydrant system control center.
The hydrant system capable to fuel a wide-body aircraft with 80 tons of jet fuel within 40 min. Fueling operators are certified in compliance with ISO 9001:2001 standards.
The airport fire bridge and all other security/safety staff operate exclusively for the Airport, except immigration (border control) and customs staff, belonging to the state. Crash Fire Rescue: Category of Airport according ICAO-Annex14 – CAT IX.
Area of cargo apron makes 8400m2, with coating toughness PCN 68. Total area of cargo terminal building is 2200m2, usable area is 1 401m2; height is 10,65m. Usable area consists of following areas:
1. Storehouses of arrival and departure – at S-950m2 V=3 800m3;
2. Special storehouses – at S=82,4m2 V=346m3;
3. Cold stores – at S=106,8m2 V=342m3;
4. Office premises – S=261,7m2
5. Area under awnings makes – at S=1064m2 V=7100m3;
Special warehouses consist of premises for storage of biological and radioactive substances - S=34,4m2 and premises for storage of especially valuable and perishable cargoes - S=48 m2.
arrying capacity of the terminal makes 600 tons of a cargo per day, the cargo apron can simultaneously accept four AC.
Important Information for Passengers!
According to the Civil Aviation Security Regulations, you are not allowed to carry:
In your luggage:
- Explosives (Gunpowder, firework, signal flash, etc.);
- Flammables (Solvent, paint, thinner, lighter, etc.);
- Solid or liquid chemicals.
In your hand luggage:
- All items listed above;
- Sharp, Cutting, Sharp-pointed and Blunt-pointed articles (Sword, Axe, Knife, Corkscrew, Scissors, Nail File, Nail, etc.);
- Fire Guns (Pistol, rifle, etc.).
According to the Civil Aviation Security Regulations, you are allowed to:
• Have in your checked-in baggage alcohol drinks, not more then 70% of alcohol contents, factory-made not more then 5L. per passenger;
• Carry in your hand luggage medication and diet items, including infant’s food to be used during flight with you; you may be asked to demonstrate approve of necessity of such items during your flight;
• Have in your hand luggage only a constricted quantity of liquid substances– not more then 100 ml. each and it should be placed into transparent plastic frequentative (with sticker zips) bags no more then 1 L. per passenger;
• Purchase liquids (drinks, perfumes) in the Airport airside shops (Duty Free) or on board of the Aircraft. In case they are sold in special packing, do not open them before they are checked for flight safety reason in the Security Control Points – otherwise they will be confiscated. In case you are flying via any European Union State Airports do not open the package before you reach the final destination point.
• All these substances and items can be taken in addition to the quantity (maximum 1 L.) that you already carry in your hand baggage.
In order to identify liquid substances while performing the control you should:
- Show all the liquids you have with you to be checked at the Aviation Security Control Points;
- Take off the jacket and/or coat – they are checked separately parallel to your check;
- Remove PC notebook and other large size electrical devices – they are also checked separately parallel to your personal check.
In case you have any questions in connection with the above mentioned rules, please address to your Air Company for consultation.
We advise you to solve all the questions concerning the drawing up of the entry and departure documents in advance while planning your trip. Check the availability of valid passport and visa/other permit to enter the destination country. Check-in is performed only provided all these documents.
A private visit abroad for under-age children is available with the permit got from both of parents. A departure for treatment, rendering health consultation is available with the permit from one of the parents. For further information, please, apply to the passport office according to your place of residence.
In advance, look through the customs registration rules concerning goods, the carriage of excess and oversized baggage, animals and plants.
This is Astana Airport Unofficial Website
Astana International Airport Official Site (English); (Russian) and (kazakh)